* Individuals who view pornography are more likely to think
of women in stereotype, as socially non-discriminating and eager to accommodate any and
every sexual request.
* Individuals who view pornography are more likely to have
sexually callous attitudes and accept rape myths (that when a woman says "no,"
she means "yes.")
* Individuals who use pornography have increasingly hostile
and aggressive sexual fantasies.
* Individuals who use pornography are less likely to
convict for a rape, and less likely to give a harsh sentence to a rapist if in fact
convicted. Conversely, individuals who do not use pornography are more likely to convict
an accused rapist.
* Areas with pornography outlets and sexually oriented
businesses experience significantly higher sexual offenses and property crimes than areas
without such businesses.
* Pornography has a direct role in the transmission and
encouragement of sexually transmitted diseases. Many "adult" bookstores derive
75% of their income from peep show booths, with "glory holes" to provide
anonymous sexual encounters.
* Clinical research shows that pornographic images create
chemically encoded messages on the brain that can remain through adulthood. Human memory
is formed in part by the release of the chemical epinephrine which, upon emotional
arousal, leaves behind an imprint on the brain.**
* Advertisers know how compelling images are, especially to
children, and pornographers do, too. Advertisers dont spend billions of dollars each
year for nothing. In Superbowls 29 and 30, companies paid 1.3 million dollars for a
30-second shot at your attention on the way to the kitchen or bathroom.**
* Images affect attitudes and thinking, and images affect
behavior and choices.